Ellen Britt - A Teenage Foodie who Explores Dinner, Dessert and Salad Ideas
If you're looking for a delectable dessert that's sure to please your taste buds, look no further than this delicious recipe for cinnamon apple cake. Made with fresh Granny Smith apples, the flavor of this cake is out of this world. The combination of tart apples and sweet cinnamon topping is simply divine.
Begin by preheating your oven to 350°F and prepare an 8-inch round baking pan. Mix your ingredients and spread the batter into the pan. The sugar topping is added before putting the batter into the oven that helps to give a wonderful texture and taste. The cake only bakes for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Once removed from the oven and cooled you can add your sugar glaze for that extra bit of sweetness.
When it's ready to be served you'll be delighted by its crunchy outer layer and soft inner texture - perfect with some ice cream or whipped cream! Not only will it make an impressive statement on any dinner table or buffet but also provide an amazing aroma as soon as it comes out of the oven that will bring everyone running! So why not give it a try - I guarantee you won't regret it!
· 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 3/4 cup caster sugar (berry sugar)
· 1 Large Granny Smith apple, peeled and roughly chopped
· 2 large eggs
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· 1/2 cup vegetable oil or virgin olive oil
· 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
· 1/4 cup caster sugar (berry sugar)
· 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 1 tablespoon melted butter
· 1/4 cup sifted icing sugar
· 1–2 tablespoons milk (one tablespoon should be sufficient)
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Next line an 8 inch round cake pan with parchment paper. Or you can use an 8 inch spring form pan. I found this option to work best as you can easily remove the cake once done and no parchment paper is required. Just remember to spray or grease your pan first so the slices come out easily.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Corsley chop the apples and mix into the flour mixture.
3. In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt. Whisk only enough to make sure the egg yolks are blended. Do not over beat!
4. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix together using a spatula or spoon until everything is combined. Once combined put the batter into the prepared spring form pan.
5. For the cinnamon topping mix the cinnamon, sugar and butter until lumpy. Evenly sprinkle the topping over cake batter.
6. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until your skewer comes out clean when poked through the middle of the cake. Transfer cake to a wire rack and cool completely.
7. For the final touch there is the glaze topping. Mix the sugar and 1 tablespoon of milk and stir until smooth. Extra milk can be added if the glaze is too thick. Once ready drizzle over your cooled cake.
A delectable dessert that's sure to please your taste buds, look no further than this delicious recipe for cinnamon apple cake.
Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt sugar and corsley chopped apple
Add eggs, vanilla, oil and yogurt. Whisk only enough to make sure the egg yolks are blended.
No blenders are required for this recipe. All that is needed is a wooden spoon or spatula.
Mix together using a spatula or spoon until everything is combined..
You are almost ready to put into the oven - just one more step!
mix the cinnamon, sugar and butter until lumpy.
Once your topping is applied place the cake pan in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes
Let cool completely before adding the suagr glaze
It is almost time to eat this delicious dessert!
You are now ready to slice the cake and enjoy!
This is a content preview space you can use to get your audience interested in what you have to say so they can’t wait to learn and read more. Pull out the most interesting detail that appears on the page and write it here.